First off, let me just say that it’s been a while! I took a month’s break when it comes to blogging but I’m back now and will begin posting frequently again. So to start off, we going to be checking out this interesting game called Warhaven that recently went into open beta!
Warhaven is a brand new 16vs16 third person combat action game created by the minds behind [Durango: Wild Lands] and [Vindictus].
Choose among a diverse roster of melee-weapon and magic-based combatants to storm battlegrounds as you see fit. Transform into powerful heroes called Immortals to wield supernatural skill sets, and experience team-based sword-and-magic gameplay like never before.
Brief rundown of Warhaven:
- Pick out a medieval weapon of your choice to strike down foes up close. Swords, spears, maces, war hammers, bows and arrows will all be yours.
- Take control of ballistae, cannons and siege engines to storm enemy bases and cut them down. Make every clang of metal count.
- Play as a team to ensure victory. Squad up with 3 friends and join others to become a team of 16.
- Strategize among squads to cover different areas and be the first to secure tactical advantages such a war cannons, ballistae, and siege engines; each squad will need to pull their own weight to ensure the whole team’s victory.
- Gain supernatural powers by transforming into powerful heroes known as Immortals.
- Step onto the battlefield as a soldier, and evolve into an Immortal to unleash magical havoc and mayhem on a completely different scale. Test out each Immortal to change up your gaming experience.
- Customize your character to be the most lavish knight on the field. Victories guarantee stunning rewards that allow you to shine and march forward into battle in style.
- Choose between medieval, fantastical, and also tactical gear styles for a truly unique look you’ll love, and enemies will envy.
- Contest objectives across gorgeous medieval-fantasy landscapes, complete with lighting and weather changes.
- Experience Warhaven’s unique twists on your favorite PvP game modes. Jump into Onslaught, where you capture the flag and push back enemy fronts. Swing away in Skirmish, where each base secured means more war toys at your disposal. Compete in Arms Race where you protect prized war machines and advance into enemy territories.
- Experience the sounds of beauty and devastation with an all-new original soundtrack for Warhaven, composed by award-winning maestro Inon Zur.
I got to try it out recently and I was enjoying my time with the game. It’s definitely different from For Honor, as I’ve seen many compare it to Warhaven. It’s not as technical as For Honor but it has room to grow with feedback and tweaks. The immortal mechanics is another feature that differentiates it from games like Kingdom Come and Chivalry, as it implores magic and fantasy. Essentially, after murdering enough people or contributing to the battlefield, you get to evolve into one of the four immortals and wreak havoc on the battlefield, it’s pretty cool.
It’s too soon to say if this game will be a hit but I’ll keep playing it to further formulate my thoughts on it. I just thought I’d let you guys know and it’s a good blog to start off my return.