Starfield is the first new universe in 25 years from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4. In this next generation role-playing game set amongst the stars, create any character you want and explore with unparalleled freedom. Harnessing the power of next-gen technology and built on the all-new Creation Engine 2, Starfield takes you on a journey through space as you strive to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.
In a new interview today with The Telegraph, Bethesda’s executive producer Todd Howard revealed even more information about the space RPG:
“It’s also a bit more hardcore of a roleplaying game than we’ve done,” Howard said to The Telegraph. “It’s got some really great character systems—choosing your background, things like that. We’re going back to some things that we used to do in games long ago that we felt have really let players express the character they want to be.”
- more hardcore RPG than previous Bethesda games
- can be played in 1st & 3rd person
- grounded in scientific reality but “still a game” (there are lasers in a vacuum)
- alien races and planets
- “It’s very big”
- takes place over 300 years in our future
- similar to Skyrim in terms of structure
- many factions but the main one is Constellation
- focus on making the game world feel lived-in – Tom Cruise is not in Starfield
So far it sounds all great, and with rumour of the trailer being actual gameplay, however until I see a HUD, it’s CGI to me. Still, it’s hype for me.