I won’t lie to you, I wasn’t vibing with Outriders at all at first! Even when I saw those early gameplay videos pop up in my feeds, I watched it and moved on! It didn’t seem like it was doing anything unique and quite frankly looked like a Destiny clone! However, my opinion has slightly changed after watching the first new Gameplay Livestream | Outriders Broadcast #1 with an open mind!
Now I ain’t saying it went 0-100 on the hype scale, however if you’re someone that likes these types of looter-shooters games, then you might be in for a treat! Now there was a lot of information that was revealed in that 40 mins video but for me the one thing that kinda caught my interested or at the very least piqued it was the word difficulty scale, the HUD customization and the loot and Armour in the game!
I won’t bore you with a long description of what was shown, so here a rundown:
- The Outsiders is a new third-person shooter from People Can Fly, the studio that brought you Bulletstorm.
- This month’s video starts by focusing heavily on Outriders’ gameplay and story. A Pyromancer, one of the game’s four classes, takes on a story mission called “Salvation.”
- Outriders operates on a “World Tier” system. As the World Tiers go up, the game gets harder, but loot drops more often. As players climb higher, they’ll unlock new loot and resources for upgrading their World Tier.
- Players have a ton of different options to customize their avatars.
- Armor in Outriders also offers perks.
- There are four playable classes in Outriders: Pyromancer, Trickster, Devastator, and an unannounced class.
- Tricksters are close-range characters that are all about getting into the action and then jumping out before taking too much damage.
- Outriders launches on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC via Steam, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X this holiday season.
So yeah, I’m gonna start keeping my eye on this game to see what else they’ve got in store for us! I’m not a fan of the whole Destiny hook, and not to mention that the market is already saturated with a ton of looter shooters already but I do like how they’re trying to give Outriders its own identity! Lets see if they succeed in that ambition! Check out the gameplay below!