Pokemon Tournament DX, Pokemon UltraSun & Pokemon UltraMoon Announced!
The direct is over but we got a good deal of announcements revealed, including Pokken Tournament DX for the Nintendo Switch and the sequel to Pokemon Sun and Moon, Pokemon UltraSun & UltraMoon for the Nintendo 3DS.
In Pokken Tournament DX, there’s going to be 5 new Pokemon added to the game with the inclusion of a 3v3 mode for the Nintendo Switch.
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter — Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.
Pokkén Tournament DX will launch on Nintendo Switch 22 September 2017.
As for the new Pokemon UltraSun & UltraMoon, it will take place in an alternative timeline with new features and new storyline. Pokkén Tournament DX comes to Nintendo Switch on September 22, and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon come to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on November 17!