The Tomb Raider series is celebrating it’s 20th anniversary and Lara is personally inviting you to her infamous Croft Manor….
It’s Lara’s 20th Anniversary and to commemorate this occasion, Square Enix are releasing a Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration edition that comes bundled up with two brand new DLC, both which can also be obtained via a season pass if you have the game already. These two DLC’s are called “Blood Ties” and “Lara’s Nightmare”.
In the “Blood Ties”, you explore Lara’s childhood home and unlock the secrets of Croft Manor via story mode, then defend it against a zombie invasion in “Lara’s Nightmare”. The anniversary edition also includes;
- Rise of the Tomb Raider game
- Brutal new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode,
- “Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC,
- Co-op support for “Endurance Mode”, challenging players to survive extreme conditions with a friend
- Re-envisioned cold-weather outfit and weapon for Lara inspired by Tomb Raider III
- Classic Lara card pack which will allow fans to play “Expedition Modes” using one of several classic Lara models
- All existing DLC including “Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch” and “Cold Darkness Awakened”, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, 35 Expedition Cards, and more
- Support for PlayStation VR that challenges players to unlock the mysteries of Croft Manor in first person.
Out of all of the stuff that I have mentioned above, it’s the Lara’s Nightmare that excites me the most. I know that the zombie gig has been done countless times, but from what I’ve seen in this new trailer, it’s looks hype. If you’re someone who hasn’t picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider then do yourself a favor and do so, it’s an extremely underrated game that people missed out on, mostly caused by the exclusive BS that Microsoft tried to pull.
Check out the trailer below and let me know your thoughts.